Monday, April 14, 2008

website down - blog update - Addition to p4design

Emergency blog update!!
P4Design welcomes Jenn Rabanillo to the team, helping me to organize and promote some exciting projects for the upcoming year, and unfortunately p4design.org is down for a few days, great timing, I know......so heres some content updates for the blog to keep your eyes happy.

on April 17-18th I will be participating in the
(3rd annual) Sleep is for Dead People
24 hour live art exhibit.

Facebook Group here
Link

Start Time: Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 7:00pm
End Time: Friday, April 18, 2008 at 7:00pm
Location: Whippersnapper Gallery
Street: 587A College (across from utopia on the second floor)




New canvas's
**"Fruits of the Devil"
2 ft. x 4 ft. (2in. deep)
Acrylic, gel pen, spraypaint on canvas



**"OG Status"
20 in. x 20 in.
Acrylic and gelpen on canvas



**"untitled-(for now)"
4 ft. x 5 ft.
Acrylic and spraypaint on canvas




A recent Commission:
"Weber"
client direction- "Spiderman colours and theme, plus the word "weber" (friends last name)

For this canvas, I tried out a new style of bevel canvas that is built with a 45 degree bevel frame, so it looks very unique and will stand off a wall, giving it a 3d effect. I was really stoked to work on this as Ive been a spidey fan for years, and drawn my share of the webslinger...





Side Projects...
in a slightly related theme, I was asked by a user on a forum, if I was interested in giving a shot at colouring a comic book sketch page, just for fun. So having never done one, and totally being down for the challenege, heres my first photoshop coloured comic book page.

-original sketch
(by M fraser)

-p4 treatment


-this was tedious at times, but a good learning experience for me, I would have done it a lot differently next time, but I was pretty happy with the final results.

No comments: