Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Horus @ SIFDP-3

Here's two concept designs for the upcoming show at whippersnapper gallery on Thursday and Friday April 17th and 18th. this will be my third year participating in the Sleep is for Dead People exhibition.




-Two pieces based on these designs will be on display, and for sale at Whippersnapper Gallery at the official opening reception April 24th, but this Thursday/Friday is the live painting segment, during which visitors and distractions are welcome, as 20 artists including myself paint on various projects over a 24 hour period....

This year I'm taking it easy on the gallery, and NOT painting on their walls. Past guests will remember me as the mural artist whose 24 hour works covered 8 or ten feet of physical wall space, here's me working on the past two installations..




While I did enjoy painting such large pieces in the past, the cleanup was a nightmare. and standing all day and night was physically pretty rough on me, this year Im going to take it easy, get a comfy chair, and relax it up...



Here's the flyer for the show:

and the official facebook group:
sleep is for dead people 3


April 17th/7pm - 18th/7pm
Whippersnapper Gallery
587A College (across from utopia on the second floor)

No comments: