Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Horus-VS-TheRocker

So about a year ago I got paid a few dollars to release image rights for a graffiti wall I did as part of some random community 'clean up the alley's' day..
At the time "the Rocker was going to be starring Donny Wahlburg, but it appears they went a different direction by the time it was released....
Heres my piece, and some screens from the movie..

In the movie they walk out of this club and towards the end of the alley where my piece is..you can see some of the other guys stuff in the shots but its pretty dark until they stop for this one on one scene right in front of my piece.





Since this was legal graffiti, the studio was obligated to pay for image rights..had this been some random illegal vandalism, I would have no intellectual property rights...that being said it was nice to get paid for something I already did, rather than just seeing it in the movie after the fact.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Great to hear that you got recognition of your rights. Actually, your rights as the creator of a work of art are more specifically protected than just the general "intellectual property". In Canada they are covered under our copyright law. Which makes no distinction of whether the work is done illegaly or not, on a public or private wall. Chaeck out more on this on
http://www.ravensview.ca/ravens/2008/09/graffiti-and-copyright.html